07-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Likes Received: 182
How to Bypass Windows Activation on xp home & prof/2003
How to bypass WPA (Windows Activation) on Windows XP
(Tested on Windows XP Professional SP2 and Windows Server 2003 R2)
(Tested on windows XP Home SP2 )
1. Click "Run" on your start menu, or simply press (Windows Logo+R: Run dialog box)
Type "regedit" and press enter.
2. Registry Editor opens up, and you are presented with a long list of keys on the left.
3. Browse through the list to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents.
4. Find on the right side: you should see a strings value named
OOBETimer (The activation stuff)
5. Change it to: FF D5 71 D6 8B 6A 8D 6F D5 33 93 FD (whatever its value is)
If you change it, WindowsXp will change it back within a few seconds.
Best Hint is too just disable your Internet Connection!!!!
6. Right-click: WPAEvents and choose "Permissions in the folder to your left in the main reg ..."
(A small window opens up with a list of user names)
7. Click SYSTEM and in the list below ("Permissions for SYSTEM")
8. Check each & every box under "Deny"
9. Click OK to own windows. No need to reboot...But when you reboot the wpa notice will not pop up to activate windows!!!!
If you're too slow windows might change it back, so just hit F5 to refresh and make sure it got saved.
If not, just try again.
Best Hint is to just disable your Internet Connection!!!!
Problem most of all are probably having is when you get to the "Permissions" section, so let's expand on this tricky area.
Under "Permissions..." for WPAEvents, Go into the Advanced settings.
UNCHECK "Inhereit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects.
Include these with entries explicitly defined here"
When prompted what course of action to take from here, click "COPY"
From there, Highlight the SYSTEM line, and click edit.
Deny all options, apply, and run a free copy of windows.
[IMG] [REDACTED] [/IMG]